Monday, March 10, 2014

Saturday 1 March – Ironman March!



Current location: Paddington
11.11pm, About to cycle home. We had been out at Nick and Bree's for dinner, which was conveniently located for us to then go and watch the Mardi Gras parade. Sydney is so cool – the Mardi Gras was way better than I'd even imagined (and I'd had high hopes!). The floats were so colourful and beautiful, and everyone was dancing and dressed up and awesome. My favourite was the Sydney Stingers, the water polo team, who all paraded down the street in budgie smugglers and water polo caps, doing a very in-sync routine.

By the time we cycled home, I'd ridden about 11km today. Not loads, but every little helps, because Andy and I, along with our friends Sha and Tristan, have decided to do Ironman March. This basically consists of doing all the ironman events (180km cycle, 5km swim, 42km run) but taking the month of March to do it, rather than doing it all in one go. So this morning, after netball, I went to Prince Alfred pool (where I've been wanting to go since I moved to Sydney eight months ago!) and swam 1.5km. Verrrryyyy slowly. But still, it counts. Good job it's not a real ironman though, or I'd still be swimming while everyone else was finishing off their marathon. It was so lovely to swim though, even if I had gone to the wrong pool. (I was meant to have met Sha but she was at Victoria Park pool waiting for me, and I was at Prince Alfred Park, waiting for her. Oops.)

So, 11km cycling down; 1.5km swimming down. I'm on my way!

(Picture of Sydney Stingers by Jesse Snow, taken from their Facebook page)

No comments:

Post a Comment